Herbert W. Armstrong's 209
The Most Comprehensive
Listing of Herbert Armstrong's
52 year record of False
Prophesies ever made.
Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God:
A Non-Prophet Organization
Go Directly to Update
Start 1/26/98 4/5/98 4/19/98 4/26/98 5/24/98 6/20/98 6/22/98 7/5/98 Yours? Yours? Yours? Yours? Yours?
I would like to submit the enclosed listing of herbert's false prophecies to you for posting on your splendid website, easily the best we have so far found on the subject. However, we have spent quite enough years wasting time being polite to fools, so I do formally request that you keep our names and E-mail address confidential.
Please feel free to add other documented examples of his crazed predictions. I have, for example cross referenced with the 1972 internal memorandum that [name removed by request] has published on his web site. However, I have not seen any effort to produce a comprehensive, documented list of his claimed prophecies but I feel it is important to do so. I have come across people who will even acknowledge that they accept the reliability of the reports that he committed incest but then claim that his "calling" as a "prophet of God" excuses even that.
To use one of his own, endlessly overused cliches, his claim to be a prophet was the "trunk of the tree" which supported every other outrageous claim and demand. Cut down that false trunk, the "premise carelessly assumed," as he would have put it, and then the true identity of the deceiver who deceived those who didn't know they were deceived" becomes clear.
Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet which shall presume to speak a word in my name which I have not commanded him to speak or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
1) Plain Truth Dec 1940: Britain will be conquered by Nazis
2) same: Turkey will turn traitor to Britain; it stayed neutral
3) 1944 PT: "we have made but the slightest dent in Jap defenses in the Pacific & at the present rate, it will take us about 20 years" to defeat them
4) 1964 Coworkers letter: "only 7 years before H-bomb warfare breaks out"
5) May 1965 PT: "Hitler will be falsely resurrected by the Pope"
6) Feb 1965: by Meredith: "documented proof Hitler did not die in his bunker"
7) Nov 30, 1963, coworkers letter: "we have only eight years to finish the Work"; Nov 22, 1963, coworkers letter: "in eight years all of our ministers will be silenced" - religious persecution on WWCG
8) 13 Dec 1965, HWA in co-workers letter: "We are in the grand smash climax - only 6 years left."
9) July 5, 1967, coworkers letter by HWA: "the Jews will demolish the Dome on the Rock"
9) 1953 PT by Hoeh: "Kremlin plans for 20 year in Korea" - Eisenhower settled war within one month
10) June 27, 1964, Hoeh: "Christ's apostles failed in not starting school like AC"
11) 1955 PT by Hoeh: "within 20 years this nation will be toppled by worst drought in its history" - note: 1975 US had one of greatest grain surpluses and sold it to Soviets
12) 1939 PT: "Hitler will give his power to Mussolini"
13) 1939 PT: "Franco will give his power to Mussolini" - note: stayed in power for 30 years after Mussolini died
14) 1939 PT: "Ethiopia & Libya will join USSR in WW2" - note: they were conquered from Italy by Britain within 2 years
15) 1939-40 PT: "Mussolini will conquer Egypt & Palestine" - note: Dec 1940 30K British troops capture 250K Italian troops
16) April/May 1940 PT: "Today England is a dictatorship as absolutely as that of Hitler or Mussolini"
17) April 1956 PT by Hoeh: "Disease epidemics threaten US in 2 years"
18) 1959 PT: "Doom for US within 10-15 years"
19) 1965 PT by Meredith: "trade embargo by European Common Market will ruin Britain and US"
20) 1962 PT by HWA: "There is no boom in sight" - note: US was at beginning of biggest boom in history of the world
21) 1959 PT by Hoeh: "Red China plans spring invasion of India"
22) 1934 PT: "Christ will return in 1936"
23) 1940 PT: "Christ will come after 3.5 years of tribulation in October 43"
24) 1982 Coworkers letter: (for those who claim he mellowed with the years) "I hope to arrange for the use of Petra as a possible refuge or place of safety during the Great Tribulation when I see King Hussein. Pray for this please."
25) 1960's PT repeatedly claimed 1972 would be the year of Christ's coming
26) after 1969: HWA claimed it would be 1975
27) first half of 1950's PT: Christ would return in 1957
28) 1965 PT: east Jerusalem would remain in Gentile hands until Christ's coming; note: less than 2 years later Israelis conquered it
29) 1967 Passover speaking at Bricket Wood, England: within the year Jordan would conquer west Jerusalem from Israel; note: within six weeks Israel conquered West Jerusalem from Jordan
30) 1927-47: 27 major false documented prophecies already proven wrong. Explains why he had to flee Oregon for California
31) 1960's through early 1970's coworkers letters: Prince Charles will become king of England & become the wicked prince prophesied in book of Isaiah
32) 1946/47: there will be no Jewish state in Palestine; reasoning: since Britain & America are really Israel Palestine must be kept for them in the Millennium
33) 1942 PT: Rommel will conquer Jerusalem & Egypt with help of German army coming through Caucasus and southern Russia; note - more than 1 million German/axis troops destroyed in Stalingrad, August 1942 - Feb 1943; British eighth army destroys Rommel's army at Alamein Nov 1942 & then advances 1000 miles across Africa
34) 1957 PT: predicts the Treaty of Rome creating European Common Market will lead to Catholic/Nazi dictatorship by 1962
35) 1956-1980 PT: Franz Josef Strauss will be the beast and the man of strife in the book of Hosea; note - Strauss never became leader of Germany, defeated by Helmut Schmidt in 1982, died 1988, great ally of US & Israel all his life
36) Gerald Waterhouse continually: if HWA died, God would destroy the world
37) 1965 PT: by 1969 Britain will be helpless & impoverished seeking help from Germany
38) early 1960's PT: man will never walk on the moon
39) 1950's/60's/70's PT: US will never win another war; note - 1982 Grenada; 1989 Panama; 1991 Iraq, then rated 4th largest army in the world, destroyed in 40 days
40) 1982 coworkers letter: expect Argentina to sink Britain's royal navy in Falkland war; note - total victory for Britain in less than 2 months, Argentine airforce destroyed, Argentine dictator falls
41) 1956 onward after Suez: Britain will never win another war
42) 1956 onward after Suez: Britain will never regain seagates she lost; note - 1982 Falkland Islands commanding South Atlantic regained
43) late 1960's: by mid 1970's Britain will have lost all seagates; note - by 1992 Britain still holds Gibraltar, bases on Cyprus, Hong Kong, Ascension, Mauritius, and other places
44) ?: before June 1944 HWA appears to have predicted on radio the D-Day landings would fail
45) July 1945: although Germany is destroyed Japan will develop atomic bomb to destroy America; note - US atomic bomb already tested in Los Alamos, key components manufactured in Washington state north of HWA in Oregon; August 1945 2 US a-bombs dropped on Japan to end war
46) 1956 PT: Britain will collapse into famine & anarchy within 3-5 years
47) through 1960's/70's until 1978 in coworkers letters: he & GTA will be two witnesses Zerubbabel and Joshua
48) April/May 1978 Worldwide News: HWA teaches you can only come to Christ through him through government structure: cut yourself off from Christ if you disobey HWA
49) repeatedly taught in books/articles: there is no intelligent life in space apart from angels: let's see who contacts us
50) 1957-72: Britain will never join European Common Market; note - 1973 Britain joined European Common Market
51) 1973 onwards: Britain will leave European Community; note - after 21 years Britain is still in community
52) 1950's-80's: European Community would become German dominated tyranny; note - 1992, after 35 years EC remains most democratic group in European history & dominated by France
53) 1974 PT: US will prove unwilling & unable to go to war to protect world oil supplies from Persian Gulf; note 1991 Gulf War proved them wrong
54) 1934/35 PT: Mussolini will be world dictator
55) 1948/49 PT: Germany will become nuclear superpower within five years; note - instead Soviet Union does in 1949 A-Bomb, 1953 H-Bomb
56) through 1950's: man would never get into space; note - April 1961 Soviet Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin
57) Plain Truths and radio broadcasts: 1947-57: Germany will develop super-V2 rockets to destroy America's cities.
Instead, when the long-feared intercontinental ballistic missile was finally developed in 1957, the first nation to do so was - of course - not Germany at all, nor even the United States, for that matter, but the Soviet Union. Herbert, as throughout his long, shameless and ludicrous career, was even blinder towards Russia than all the other things he missed. Remember that the stupid old fool confidently predicted throughout World War II that the Nazis would force the Russians to their knees. As the Russians were "mere" Slavs and not either the Anglo-American chosen race nor Hogberg's German Aryan supermen, neither Herbert nor his fellow whores ever took them seriously.
58) 1970's: Germany will make a deal with the Soviets to take over Eastern Europe; note - 1989-91 US negotiates Soviet withdrawal from EE
59) 1960's-80's: German unification will be immediately followed by Germany becoming fierce anti-American nuclear power; note - 1990 united Germany leaves Warsaw Pact and stays in NATO, US more popular than ever for support of unification
60) 1979 PT by Hogberg: Panama Canal Treaty means US has forever lost control of canal; note - 1989 US invades Panama, kicks out anti-American dictator Noriega
61) 1966 PT by Dale Schurter: prepare for famine in US within 3-5 years; note - hundreds of WWCG farmer members bankrupted following his teaching that fertilizer was sinful
62) 1966 sermon by Meredith: within three years by 1969 society will have collapses in America; millions will flee into cities
63) March 1963 by Hogberg in first article in PT: worst weather in a decade means start of famine cycle
64) 1974 PT HWA: After Nixon's resignation, the United States will never again lead the world or be effective in war.
65) 1960s-70s PTs: The United States will never be able to reverse the tide of communism in the world.
66) 1960s -194-75 PTs: HWA and Garner Ted Armstrong - Radical Arab threat to the oil fields will lead Germany and Japan to rearm because America could not protect them. In the 1991 Gulf War, the opposite happened.
67) HWA throughout the 1950s and 1960s: When Germany becomes united, it will immediately turn on America, arm to the teeth with nuclear weapons, and make the whole world tremble. Instead, German unification was followed by Germany remaining an ally of America in the NATO alliance and Germany remained democratic and became less bold on the world stage, not more.
68) HWA, Garner Ted Armstrong, Hogberg etc. al through the 1970s: Defeat for America in Vietnam will be followed by more Vietnams in Central America. It wasn't.
69) HWA in mid-1970s newsletter: "Ministers who rebel against me and leave this organization are reduced to working with their hands" - an interesting comment on how he saw "the dignity of labor" - Instead, two of them, Art Makarow and Robert Kuhn, became millionaires. Another, Ernest Martin, became prosperous, successful and respected in the Biblical academic community.
70) Repeated 1950s and 60s HWA theme: Whenever Britain loses a 'sea-gate' it never gets it back. 1982 Falklands War, Britain regains the Falklands 'sea-gate' from Argentina.
71) Turkey will prevent the United States Sixth Fleet from fleeing from Nazi European air attacks and will stab America and Britain in the back. It will later be destroyed for this treachery. - Plain Truth articles by Hoeh, Herbert and Meredith in the 1960s.
It never happened, of course. Just as Turkey never joined Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy in World War II, despite all of Herbert's confident and supposedly "knowledgeable" predictions than it would.
This particular bizarre claim, repeated in one form or another by Herbert for more than 40 years, was based on Herbert and Hoeh's "scholarly" conclusion that Turkey was Edom of the Bible.
As usual, there is absolutely no real evidence at all to support this bizarre conclusion. But what else would you expect from Hoeh? This is the man who seriously claimed that Job in the Bible built the Great Pyramid of Giza although his only argument in favor of it was that the King James translation of the Bible referred to a "cornerstone" which "must" have been the capstone of the Great Pyramid.
Applying Hoeh's lifelong standards of "scholarship", we can easily prove that Job also built the Chrysler building (Built by Walter Chrysler and the Chrysler Corporation in 1930), because Chrysler really means "Christ" and building the Chrysler Building was a "big JOB." So, it MUST have been built by JOB!
Hoeh would explain away all those references to the Chrysler Building being built only 70 years ago come from deceived historians of "The World" who were part of a conspiracy to prove his two-volume Compendium wrong.
72) HWA - 1953 "Middle East in Prophecy" article predicts Russia and China will never split but will remain united until Christ's coming. They split in 1958 and remained bitter enemies for more than 30 years. China never again fell under Moscow's leadership.
73) 1960s - Predicted Russia and China would mend their split. They never did.
74) 1960s and 70s: The fall of Vietnam to communism will be followed by the fall of the rest of Asia. It wasn't.
75) Communism in Russia will last in Russia until Christ comes back - Repeatedly written and preached by HWA through 1950s, 60s, 70s and early 80s. Instead, Communism collapsed in Russia in 1991.
76) HWA, 1956 PT: "Who will bury who?" Predicts that communism in Russia will outlive the United States. It didn't. It collapsed in 1991.
77) Another repeated HWA prophecy from 1940s through into the 80s: German unification will lead to European political unity. The opposite happened. German unification in 1990 led to the collapse of the European monetary system 2 years later because Germany put funding reunification first above funding a European currency.
78) Another repeated prophecy: creation of a single integrated market in the European Community will immediately lead to immense wealth there and America collapsing into poverty. Instead, creation of the integrated market at the start of 1993 led to European unemployment levels running at twice America's. While the U.S. economy recovered, Europe's slumped into depression.
79) 1960s PTs: All the soil of the U.S. Midwestern "Breadbasket" states will erode by 1972, leading to famine. Instead, Midwest soil erosion was largely reversed in the 1980s by an excellent Reagan administration Department of Agriculture program to plant trees and take other anti-erosion measures in the region.
80) 1960s PTs: The new wheat and plant strains of the high-yield "Green revolution" will cause more famine, not less. The opposite happened. Food yields in Asia, Africa and Latin America soared over the next 20 years and outstripped population growth.
81) HWA and Hoeh in 1956 PTs: Predicted Otto Von Habsburg would take over Hungary after the 1956 Hungarian revolution. The revolution was crushed. 38 years later, Otto is still waiting.
82) Also repeatedly predicted Otto would return as emperor of Austria. Again, it never happened.
83) 1953 PT: HWA predicted that the anti-Communist rising in East Berlin would lead directly to a restored Nazi Germany. The rising was crushed. 40 years later, no Nazis have ever taken power in Germany.
84) Early 1950s, HWA predicted in the PT that a native Egyptian would never rule Egypt. In 1954, Gamal Abdel Nasser took power. Herbert responded by claiming that Nasser was a light-skinned Arab and not a real Egyptian. In 1970, Nasser died and was replaced by Anwar Sadat, a black native Egyptian from southern Egypt.
85) Another repeated HWA prophecy: The European Community's currency would become the "Mark of the Beast" - the most powerful currency in the world. In September 1992, that currency collapsed.
86) Throughout the 1950s and 60s, HWA repeatedly prophesied that "within 3 to 5 years" the bumper grain crops of the U.S. Midwest would "certainly" vanish. The "certain" date this would happen by was 1972. Instead, 1972 saw record surpluses which were sold to Russia to avert famine there.
87) 1961 PT: HWA prophesied that the Berlin crisis would lead to the collapse of America and the rise of a united Nazi Germany. Instead, the strong U.S. response to the Berlin crisis confirmed U.S. leadership in Europe for more than 30 years, Germany remained divided for almost 30 years, and when it united, it did so as a democratic, American ally.
88) Warned in 1960 that if John F Kennedy was elected president, the Pope would have a crucial foothold to seize power in America. Again, empty fantasy.
89) He and Dale Schurter warned farmers against using nitrate fertilizers claiming it would ruin their lands and would cause famines around the world. Instead, nitrate fertilizers, developed after the turn of the century, have fed billions of people. It was farmers who followed HWA who were ruined when they suddenly abandoned all fertilizers on his urging and went immediately to compost heaps without easing their land off it. Hundreds or thousands of families were ruined.
90) 1978 co-worker letter. HWA predicted that the next pope (who turned out to be John Paul II) would very rapidly united Europe. He didn't.
91) HWA 1950s article, often reprinted called: "World War III: There is a way of escape" There may be. But not through following him.
92) From 1950s onward, HWA and Hoeh: King Hussein of Jordan will grant the WWCG a tribulation-time "place of safety" at Petra. 1994, King Hussein is dying of colon cancer. Extreme Islamic fundamentalists are threatening to topple his dynasty and seize Jordan.
93) Repeatedly predicted through the 1940s through 1960s that control of Jerusalem would be a "stumbling block" to the state of Israel and the Jewish people. Not so. It proved one of the most powerful forces keeping them united.
94) Repeatedly predicted from the 1950s on that "within 3 to 5 years" Jerusalem would become an internationalized city. 1994, Israel remains in full control.
95) Claimed in 1950s and 1960s that Britain would plead with Franz Josef Strauss and Germany to "rescue" it from ruin. Strauss died in 1988. Britain was riding higher under Margaret Thatcher than it had for 40 years.
96) In 1947-48, predicted that the violence in Palestine would result in Jerusalem becoming an international city run by the Pope. It didn't. Jordan controlled East Jerusalem for 19 years, the state of Israel for the quarter of a century since.
97) Repeatedly predicted through the 1960s that the Germany army would "rescue" the state of Israel from destruction. Again, it never happened. U.S. military aid saved Israel in 1973 war and helped defend it in the 1991 Gulf war.
98) 1967 PT: The Israelis will make a deal with the Vatican to build a Third Temple by 1972. Again, it never happened.
99) 1984: On his last visit to Jerusalem, HWA, realizing that Israeli leaders don't take him seriously, rants and raves on his last visit there before an audience of diplomats "prophesying" ruin and destruction will come after him. He dies in January 1986. The decade which follows sees unprecedented prosperity and general peace for Israel and Jerusalem. Even the 1987 Palestinian uprising doesn't dent Israeli control. Israel gets its inflation under control for the first time in 20 years and ends a painful 2-year war in Lebanon successfully immediately after Herbert's curse.
100) After Vietnam, Britain and America will forever lose the pride in their power. Instead, Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher restored it. However briefly, that proved this "bold prophecy" false.
101) France, from 1950s, will never again play a major or heroic role in the world. Instead, the Fifth Republic from 1959 restored French political power.
102) Germany, in prophecies from the 1950s on, will become the dominant military power and the one major nuclear power of Western Europe. Instead, from the late 1950s, France fulfilled both those roles, and still holds them 35 years later.
103) From 1950s onwards, predicted that France would never win another war. Instead, French paratroops smashed the Libyan army in Chad in 1986-87.
104) Predicted that Germany would dominate the European Community from the 1958 founding of the Common Market. Instead, France dominated all the main institutions of the Community and retains this control 36 years later.
105) Predicted France would follow Germany's lead and be part of the European power that would destroy Britain and America. Instead, in the mid-1980s, France rejoined American-led NATO alliance.
106) Predicted Germany would seize the oil of Saudi Arabia. It never happened.
107) March 1950 PT: On the United Europe: "Definitely Britain will not be in it." 1973-Britain joins the European Community; 1991-EC becomes the European Union following Treaty of Maastricht. Britain remains a member to this day.
108) March 1950 PT: "One third of our people will die from starvation ... - and in the next FEW YEARS!" Is 48 years just "a FEW YEARS!"?
109) March 1950 PT: "Most certainly it is easily possible the thing (United Europe) will be fully developed and ready to strike in seven years! Yes, time is running out on us." 1957 -Six nation European Economic Community is in fact founded by the Treaty of Rome (and how Herbert loved that). Only one problem: it remains after 41 years entirely democratic and pro-American, and far from bankrupting the United States, has regularly imported more from us by far than it sells to us.
110) August 1950 PT: Article entitled "Hitler Did Not Die" - "Thus it has been proved conclusively and beyond doubt that Hitler did not die - his body was not there - HE HAD ESCAPED." 1947 - British Prof. Hugh Trevor-Roper, a British army intelligence officer in Berlin in 1945, publishes "The Death of Hitler." It is an international bestseller documenting the evidence Hitler died in the bunker. But Herbert, who had never visited Berlin when he wrote this, had no doubt he knew better than the future Regius Professor of History at England's Oxford University. 1996-97-Opened former Soviet secret archives reveal that Stalin had the burnt remains of Hitler's body transported to Moscow. Soviet forensic checks confirmed they were Hitler's remains. Dental records among others were perfect fit. Russian historians now believe Stalin deliberately wanted to sow confusion and fear with the possibility that Hitler was still alive, but only herbert and his merry men fell for it. They kept falling for it through the 1960s too.
111) August 1950 PT - "The next Pope will be a miracle worker, a supposed proof that God is using him to order and pacify the world!" 1958-62 - The next pope was Pope John XXIII. He never claimed to be a miracle worker and never tried to organize or pacify the world.
112) May 1954 PT: One of Herbert's writers , surname Kenneth Hermann writes with HWA's hands-on approval: "The idea of men climbing around on the outside of their space suits clad in pressurized suits is fantastic in the light of these facts." 1961-Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes first man in space. 1965- Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leonov becomes first human being to walk in space. Hermann sure was no rocket scientist.
113) April 1956 PT: Herman Hoeh: "PLAGUES coming - and, according to this prophetic warning, in about two years from now." This from the man who recently said, "If you believe everything we say, you're not thinking." How true.
114) Same issue, same "scholar.": "We have about reached our population peak, despite the guesses of our political and industrial planners." As usual, their guesses were a lot better than his. U.S. population in 1956, 180 million. U.S. population in 1998, 270 million, an increase of 90 million, or 50 percent.
115) Same issue, same "scholar" - "Many of you will remember that over three years ago we told you of the strong indication that the last half of this - God's - Work of spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to all the world would probably end in 1972." They couldn't even get their own activities straight. In fact, after the fiasco of the end that didn't come in 1972, herbert revised his definition of what spreading the gospel meant to buy his way into brief meetings with leaders around the world. Curiously, many of them got toppled from office or even murdered (like President Allende of Chile) within a month of meeting him. The accepted worldwide line on that: "Satan is removing these men before they can act on God's message." No one remarked that this interpretation made Satan out to be more powerful than God. The common sense "religious" interpretation, these people came under a curse for meeting herbert or listening to him in the first place.
116) Same issue, still Hoeh: "This SEVEN YEARS of national trouble take us - if the dates which appear so definitely indicated by these prophecies are correct - from 1965 to 1972!" Wrong again. There a re a lot of Americans who regarded LBJ and Nixon as "national trouble" enough, not to mention Vietnam and race riots. But during those years: no plague, no nuclear attacks, no military invasion of the United States and no famine.
117) Same issue, same author: "The sword of Communism and of the revived fascism in Central and Southern Europe will begin (by 1965) to bring us to our knees." No revived fascism in south or central Europe in 1965, nor over the next 30 years. As for communism, after Leonid Brezhnev became Soviet leader in 1964, nuclear tensions with the West dramatically eased. By 1972, Brezhnev, with Nixon, had inaugurated the era of superpower d,tente, at the very time herbie and herman had for so long claimed America would be destroyed.
118) Same issue, still hoeh (If you wonder if he ever shut up, the answer is 'No'): "In another 10 years for fear of Communist terrorism it won't be safe to live in Asia or Africa." 1975-U.S. forces were finally driven out of Vietnam and Indochina, but U.S. military bases remained secure everywhere else in Asia. The only part of the world in those years where American civilians faced a real threat of personal terrorism was the Arab Middle East; Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia were fine.
119) Same issue, same hoeh, still in 1956: Refers to "the coming Fascist-religious revival of Europe that will conquer us within a prophetically indicated 17 years." 1973 - President Nixon and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger proclaim "Year of Europe". European Community expands to include Britain and Ireland among others. Needless to say, no fascism, no conquest. The challenge to the United States comes from the Arab and other oil producing nations who quadruple the price of oil, crippling European economic growth"
120) August 1957 PT: Another old favorite still with us today. Roderick Meredith: "at the conclusion of the drought and floods we are now just beginning to suffer this nation is going to be punished by horrifying DISEASE EPIDEMICS - plagues." When? He approvingly cites a 1956 Plain Truth title: 'Disease Epidemics Threaten USA in Two Years!" Clearly, 1958 was meant. Meredith continued, "In addition to those warnings ...we will soon find that hoof-and-mouth disease will spread COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL!" The only thing that spread out of control, then and the next 40 years, was the disease of his own big mouth.
121) Same article, same Meredith: "After 1965 we are destined to run into increased trouble with the Gentile nation. America and Britain will begin to suffer from trade embargoes imposed by the Brown and Oriental races and by the coming German-dominated 'United States of Europe.' ...We will begin to experience the pangs of starvation and of scarcity of goods." The close student of herbert-ology should note here the extreme PRECISION with which NOT ONLY herbert BUT ALSO his disciples got even the smallest and most unlikely points WRONG!!! 1965-73 - Not only no trade embargoes or shortages of goods in America and Britain, but the greatest material prosperity in history for both countries. Far from imposing any trade embargo on dealing with the United States, East Asia began its modern industrial "miracle" with booming exports to America precisely during those years. Even when an economic embargo DID rock Britain and America eventually, it took herbert and his disciples completely by surprise. It came from the Arab oil producers and Iran in 1973-74. The "Brown" and "Oriental" "Races", to use Meredith's condescending terms, had nothing to do with them at all.
122) January 1955 PT: hoeh: "We face a national catastrophe by 1975.. . we will be totally consumed and carried away captive to other nations as slaves within twenty years." No.
123) October 1958 PT: hoeh, whose imagination could always be relied upon to be particularly fevered behind his "scholarly" act, writes article entitled "U.S. and Britain and Nazi UNDERGROUND Behind Arab Crisis." In fact, it was Arabs who were behind "the Arab crisis." In the 40 years since then, Nazism has never been a significant ideology in the Arab world. Instead, the crises in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq in 1958 were fueled by a wave of Arab socialism, still reflected 40 years later in the Ba'athist Arab Socialist ideologies of Syria and Iraq. And they were backed by the Soviet Union. 40 years on, Russia remains a significant ally to those nations. Herbie and Hermann's fevered predictions that Israel and other countries would eventually be "overthrown" by German or Catholic European invasion have never happened or come close to looking as if they would ever happen.
Click here to go to the next page
CLICK HERE FOR EMAIL ADDRESS
Back to "Painful Truth" menu.
The content of this site, including but not limited to the text and images herein and their arrangement, are copyright © 1997-2003 by The Painful Truth. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate, copy or redistribute in any form without prior written consent.